hub puller AGAIN!!!!

hawkit

guessing this has proberly been asked a good few time to all you regulars but just started stripping the remainder of my chassis to recon all the parts an put on my nice new one.
But alas fell at the first hurdle can't get the hub off i gather you need a special tool to do this job as i've just watched some bloke do it on you tube
Question is do i really need this tool or will a normal puller do with any tricks

Cheers
     Rich

1235 wrote:
Could buy one but i,m tight and don't want to  
Understood. It's not easy to justify the expense of a special tool if it gets very little use. On the other hand:

$61.71 for a reconditioned hub (CC)
$102.25 for a hub puller (CC)

(Sorry, I have my Canley searches set for US dollars!)

Replacing the two hubs you'll bend and ruin with a cheaper, incorrect puller (which, as others note, is likely not to stand up to the job) costs more than one proper puller!

1235 wrote:
I'm in york took a ride out to colchester last weekend to see Mr wake and retreive the best part of herald should have asked him.
Could buy one but i,m tight and don't want to

If you are too tight, buy a decent hub puller, use it, then sell it and get some of your money back. They come up on Fleabay from time to time at reasonable money.

you could take the whole assy to a friendly garage  that has a press with a suitable throat to accept and support the hub,many have them and you may get it removed for a beer or a few £
and have come across some that even the correct puller wont shift without some serious heat on the hub.or left on overnight  
ask around  Pete

peterhlewis wrote:
and have come across some that even the correct puller wont shift without some serious heat on the hub.or left on overnight

MarkDeTriumph had one pressed out at a machine shop. Think it separated at 25 ton  ??)

Unfortunately they had left the nut on (loose) for security. Once it released the force removed the nut and stripped off all the threads on the shaft  ;D

Archived