rossybrown

Hi,

I'm on the scrounge to borrow a hub puller so I can fit longer studs to the rear hubs and in turn my dolly sprint wheels.

I live in Market Deeping, which is on the Lincs/Cambs border between Peterborough and Stamford.

Thanks in advance,

Ross

Hi Ross,

how about instead of trying to remove the rear hub, you drill a hole on the back plate, which you can pass the wheel stud through and then fill with a grommet afterwards?

I understand even with the correct tool removing the rear hubs can be a right pain in the backside, so this might be an easier option.

How long studs do you want??  The Discovery 12mm studs are a straight replacement for the 3/8" studs without removing or drilling anything. I fitted 12mm studs to my spit as I did not want my Minilites falling off.  If you need to remove the hub then the stud will be too long for the wheel nuts and you will end up grinding 1/4" off anyway.  BTDT with the front hubs!

Nice idea regarding the holes in the back, i'll investigate.  I have 43mm studs and 10mm spacers for the rear.

I've done the fronts with 43mm studs and 5mm spacers and all seems well.

This is all on the advice of Jigsaw Racing, where I bought the spacers and studs from.

rossybrown wrote:
Nice idea regarding the holes in the back, i'll investigate.  I have 43mm studs and 10mm spacers for the rear.

I've done the fronts with 43mm studs and 5mm spacers and all seems well.

This is all on the advice of Jigsaw Racing, where I bought the spacers and studs from.

Ah, spacers. Hadn't thought of that :B  In that case you will need full length studs.

Archived