Brake pads, MkI and MkII the same?

GreenV8Machine

Are the brake pads on a MkI the same as a MkII?

Am lookin for some mintex m1144 or m1155s for my MkI, can find these http://www.motorsportworld.co.uk/framefix.asp?ProductCode=MLB40M1144&PID=334225
http://www.motorsportworld.co.uk/framefix.asp?ProductCode=MLB40M1155&PID=336347

for a 2500/2.5pi, but am having trouble finding some mkI stuff.

Lifted from a well known supplier :)

Disc MkI 2000 to MB 104995, .350" x 9.750" 209348
Disc MkII, Late MkI and MkI PI, .500" x 9.750", 214004.

Caliper for .500" disc, Late MkI, all MkII, Reco., RH 308632 or LH 308633..

Hope this helps?

Alex

Phil.

Do NOT fit the skinny discs, fit the fatter Later Mk1 or Mk2 ones. They really are scary thin!

Mikeyb and I have bought the Ferrodo Mk1 PI Police spec pads off Ebay. Seem really good. More than up to the job in Our PI's.

Not found a need for anything different. Proper asbestos pads!

Cheers

Colin

GT6_User_and_Abuser wrote:
Im already on the skinny discs from when I got the car, I take it disc change means caliper change?

'fraid so. No other components needed.

Of course you could fit Stag discs and calipers but that requires 14" wheels. I think thats more of a MkII upgrade than a MkI upgrade though.  :-/

Like the LOTR piccie  ;D

The Stag has a bigger diameter disk, more leverage I suppose?  :-/

Hmmmmm.

Hmmmmmmmmmm. Those mkIs I have on are scary, and only have one good brake per journey. Then theyre done LOL.

I threw some MkII calipers out as well  :-/ fookin typical!

I've got some pairs of mk2 calipers outside, I'm sure we can do a deal!

Cheers

Colin

Richard_B wrote:

'fraid so. No other components needed.

Of course you could fit Stag discs and calipers but that requires 14" wheels. I think thats more of a MkII upgrade than a MkI upgrade though.  :-/

Why is this more a mkII upgrade? And why does it still use the same pad as the mkII 2000, surely it should be bigger if its an upgrade?

Agreed, but the MKII is a heavier shell than the MKI. You can fit them to your MkI Jason has them (have you got 14" wheels?). I've got the later .5 disc setup on my Mk PI and it's fine. When I do the MkII PI it may get Stag brakes (I have a SH set in the loft  :) )

The only times I have had problems was in my loaded MkII PI Estate when the brake's cooked twice.

Once going down Porlock hill in Devon 5 up. Once towing a Herald CV on a trailer (I found out subsequently that the brakes of the trailer were not working!

Like the LOTR piccie  ;D

The Stag has a bigger diameter disk, more leverage I suppose?  :-/

I fitted Stag brakes to the estate after struggling to stop it when towing.

Excellent conversion, wish I had done it years ago.

That, and using Rover SD1 rear shoes instead of Stag ones (same shoe, but softer and grippier compound) and EBC greenstuff pads, and Aeroquip Bradied hoses all round.................. stops now! But, you have to use 14" wheels.

Fan dabby doozey, so if I rang Rimjobs in the morning and ordered a set of stag discs, calipers and ebc pads,pins n shims,

Just to make me wince with fiscal pain, how much would that little lot cost from "Rimjobs" (I'm still laughing at that!)

Archived