Trying to upload photos, but it says files too big...
Looking at the front callipers from my '71 gt6 chassis, they appear to be slightly different shapes. Pistons appear to be identical, & threads the same. One definately has metric written on it, so obviously thinking someone has put a later one on one side. With regards to the stainless pistons and seals kit I've already ordered, am I going to have a problem...?
Thanks.

The metric caliper should take a metric thread union as opposed to the imperial thread ones.

I don't think there is much difference between 3/16" pipe and 4.7mm pipe.

Metric calipers were fitted to later TR6's, not sure about GT6's.

Personally I would have two the same though. Either metric or imperial whichever you prefer...

GT6s had three different variants of Calipers fitted.

They started off with 16P imperial calipers. Then changed  to 16PB imperial calipers part way through MK2 production and continued into the start of MK3 . Then part way through MK3 prodcution they changed to 16PB Metric type.  The calipers all look fairly similar but of course the metric and imperial pipe fittings are different.

Both calipers should be the PB style, you should see that stamped on it somewhere.  Hopefully you ordered pistons and seals accordingly.
there is also a good youtube vid for replacing them, I think its for an mg, but the method is the same. Not sure of a link at the moment