MGF Alloy Front callipers

Martins Stag

I have a pair in my garage which I bought some years back and never used them.
For a spit they are overkill and they are not particularly lightweight anyway compared to other after market stuff like wilwood or hi spec,but they are made by AP so would be reliable and pads should be easy to obtain.I don't think the bolt spacing is a direct fitment so would need some machining of calliper or an adapter made,and you would need to fit vented discs as that is what they normally run with. :)

I would say the caliper is too wide, for a reasonable conversion.

MGF use 16"+ alloy wheels with these calipers, the std 15" wheels foul the upgraded caliper, look how far into the wheel they go.
I know they are using the larger MGF disc which will throw things a bit, and are way to big for the spit and look like they sit further inboard than the Capri/Saxo/Montego discs too.
Heres some pics of them and fitted to an MGF with 16" wheels.

These look BIG calipers and doubt they would fit,  will need a lot of thinking about and engineering to make them fit the Spit with Triumph wheels (standard or after market) or MGF wheels and Capri/Saxo/Montego discs, probably need a huge hub spacer to bring wheels out enough to clear the calipers, kinda defeating the object of reducing unsprung weight.

The MGF alloy caliper is a Rebranded AP Racing product.

MG part number is CP7601 from the AP 7600 range.

Here are the specs if anybody likes doing the sums... ;)

http://www.apracing.com/product_details/road_car_upgrades/road_brake_calipers/4_piston_calipers/cp7600_family-130mm_mounting_centres-suits_%c3%b8295x24mm_disc.aspx

130mm between locating bolt holes (5.1")........... so no, it wont just bolt on.

STANDARD CALIPER BOLT HOLE DISTANCE
Type 12/14 caliper (Spitfire) bolt distance 3.25"  (82.5mm)
Type 16 caliper (GT6) bolt distance 3.5" (89mm)

uksnatcher wrote:

http://www.apracing.com/product_details/road_car_upgrades/road_brake_calipers/4_piston_calipers/cp7600_family-130mm_mounting_centres-suits_%c3%b8295x24mm_disc.aspx

130mm between locating bolt holes (5.1")........... so no, it wont just bolt on.

STANDARD CALIPER BOLT HOLE DISTANCE
Type 12/14 caliper (Spitfire) bolt distance 3.25"  (82.5mm)
Type 16 caliper (GT6) bolt distance 3.5" (89mm)

That link is for a Radial mount caliper not a Lug mount as per the MG TF item. I would assume the mounting holes would be the same spacing as the std MG caliper which I "think" are 3.5"

Gordon

That_Man wrote:

That link is for a Radial mount caliper not a Lug mount as per the MG TF item. I would assume the mounting holes would be the same spacing as the std MG caliper which I "think" are 3.5"

Gordon

Nice spot Gordon..sorry for the duff info chaps.. :B

The mounting point is 80mm centre to centre - Standard MGF/TF caliper lug fixing

Info from the Q&A's from this ebay seller:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MGF-Trophy-Cup-AP-RACING-CALIPERS-BRAND-NEW-Inc-PADS-SUIT-305mm-DISCS-/151118486055?nma=true&si=nHWkYei%252B8DU0D2aJKueq5yeevk0%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557