need New rear brake drums

cye

Hi all can some one tell where I can get some NEW rear drums for my mk2 vitesse.
I have rung round most of the suppliers and they cant get hold of them. I was just wondering is there another make or model of car that uses the same drums.
The only other alternative is to spin my old ones on the lathe.

Cheers
CYE

The people that make them (203077) haven't for at least a year. If you can find some old stock on your preferred suppliers shelves then snap them up. We sold the last of our stock over 6 months ago.
I have just spoken to the production guy at the manufacturers and they have over 100 back-orders from the trade, so are considering another run of these. That's tiny volume for them so it's understandable why they have delayed making them again.

herald948 wrote:
They should be the same as Herald front drums (8" x 1.25"), p/n 203077.

Same as GT6 rear drums then, made by Qualcast.... the lawnmower people!

Canleys are still advertising them at £36.50 each... online catalogue doesn't say NCA but no doubt somebody has tried them already?

Hi all thanks for the info like I said I rang most of Triumph suppliers. And it's looking like nobody has got any.

Chic Doig said might be able to get them  with postage just under 3 figures for pair . OUCH!!!!

cye

• 2 months later...

for interest Qualcast would have been the supplier of the castings and not the machinining,
they supplied a a lot of the industry , they made many  of our truck drum castings which you have (should ) leave outside for months to age and normalise, that itself plays havoc with lead times unless you wont wonky drums the first time they get hot   Pete

Archived